Invisalign is a system that will give you beautiful, straight teeth without the discomfort and appearance of traditional braces.
Customized plastic trays, called aligners, are used to gently bring your teeth into the correct alignment. Invisalign can correct most problems that traditional braces can fix from crooked teeth to problems with your bite.
The aligners are worn at night and throughout the day and are only removed for eating. They are virtually invisible, and most people will never know that you are wearing them.
Invisalign is available for both teenagers and adults. The average treatment plan lasts for about twelve months, but every plan is customized for the individual patient, so yours may be longer or shorter. We will work with you to create your own individual plan and keep you informed of the progress you are making.
Invisalign has numerous advantages over traditional braces:
- Traditional braces require frequent appointments to tighten the wires and check the condition of the braces. With Invisalign, you simply switch to the next set of aligners, which are created according to the order of treatment laid out by you and your dentist.
- Braces can leave permanent marks on your teeth from the brackets. Even with good oral hygiene habits, plaque can still gather around the brackets and cause damage to the enamel of your teeth.
- Invisalign allows you to eat any foods you want without the restrictions on sticky or crunchy foods that are known for damaging the wires and brackets of traditional braces.
- The wires of traditional braces can poke at your mouth and cause pain and even injury. A broken wire often means an additional visit to your dentist or orthodontist.
Who Is a Candidate for Invisalign?
Are you concerned about crooked teeth? Do you have a prominent overbite or underbite?
Invisalign can treat these common problems and many others including:
- Protruding teeth
- Wide gaps
- Unusual spacing
- Open bite
Caring for Invisalign
Practicing good oral hygiene habits while you are being treated with Invisalign is easy. Remove the aligners and brush and floss your teeth as usual. Brush your aligner and rinse with warm water or use the Invisalign cleaning kit to keep your aligners in good shape and free from bacteria.
Never use hot water to rinse or clean your aligners. The plastic could warp. If this happens, call our office immediately. You should also call our office if your aligner becomes cracked or is damaged in any other way. A cracked aligner will not correctly move your teeth and will impede your progress.
It’s important to always brush your teeth following a meal, before you replace your aligners. If you replace your aligners without brushing, not only could you cause bacteria to become trapped against your teeth, you could also cause staining and other damage to the aligners.
Please contact our office to find out more information. We are happy to schedule a consultation appointment so you can find out whether Invisalign is a good option for you.
- Cleanings & Examinations
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Crowns & Bridges
- Dental Bonding
- Dental Implants
- Dentures & Partials
- Emergency Dental Care
- Family Dentistry
- Pediatric Dentistry
- Periodontal Disease Prevention & Treatment
- Porcelain Veneers
- Root Canal Therapy
- Sedation Dentistry
- Sleep Apnea & Snoring
- Smile Makeovers
- Teeth Whitening
- TMJ And Bruxism
- Tooth-Colored Fillings